harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][portlib][em64t][windows] locklbl.asm and ml64.exe
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 12:58:25 GMT
Ivan Zvolsky wrote:
> ok, it seems what I managed to edit this asm file so it became acceptable
> for ml64.exe.
>
> No help needed here anymore.
>
> On 1/29/07, Ivan Zvolsky <i.zvolsky@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'm trying to build classlib on windows/em64t, and stuck with
>> modules\portlib\src\main\native\common\windows\locklbl.asm file.
>> Microsoft
>> Macro Assembler (x64) can't properly process it, apparently because of
>> its'
>> improper format for this platform.
>>
>> Could anybody help to produce em64t version of this file so ml64.exe is
>> able to make an obj file from it?
>>
>> Ivan.

I think the recent investigation by Alexey Varlamov has shown that this
file is not used when you use DRLVM because it supplies its own
threading library. It is probably used when running J9, but there is no
64-bit version of J9 yes.

So you can probably just remove all assembly code and create a C stub
with needed symbols just to make the linker happy.

--
Gregory