harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Correct name for 64-bit architecture (not IPF)
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2007 17:00:45 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> +1
>
> (I thought we'd agreed on this - there were a few remaining cases, I
> thought.)

I've grepped the sources and found very many places with em64t in DRLVM
and quite many of amd64 in classlib. I think I'll try to clean the
sources and build system completely of mentioning vendor specific
identifiers, so that all functions, interfaces and constants could be
reused in easily in any other code.

> (and I thought that "em64t" was intel shorthand for what AMD calls
> "amd64" which is "x86_64")

Yes it is true.

--
Gregory