harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][portlib] Native tests
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2007 08:49:14 GMT
Mark Hindess wrote:
> I've checked in an initial attempt at creating some native tests so that
> we can test portlib without drlvm (or a VME).  I intended to add a few
> more tests for other portlib functions soon.  Most of the "tests" don't
> really do anything more than confirm that the function runs.  Hopefully
> we can improve some of them.
>
> The test output should appear in the normal "ant test" report under
> a package "native.portlib".  The output from the tests is available
> from the "System.out" link on the each tests results page.  This could
> probably be improved.
>
> In order to get the tests to run, the modules/portlib/build.xml sets
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH on unix to enable libhyprt.so and friends to be found.
> On windows I've tried to set the PATH but have suffered from some
> issues with the interaction of the case-sensitive variables in ant
> and case-insensitive variables in windows.  I've currently left an
> 'unless="is.windows"' in modules/portlib/ build.xml because of these
> issues - and because when it fails it brings up a dialog box hanging any
> automated builds.

There are C native tests in DRLVM which test the threading system API.
You can find the launching file in
drlvm/trunk/build/make/targets/cunit.test.xml [1]. It looks like on
windows you should use "Path" environment variable and use ${env.Path}
in Ant.

> I'd really, really appreciate any insight people might have in making
> the execution of these tests reliable on windows.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/build/make/targets/cunit.test.xml?content-type=text%2Fplain&view=co

--
Gregory