harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Salikh Zakirov <Salikh.Zaki...@Intel.com>
Subject Re: Can Intel compiler be used to build Harmony in windows?
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2007 11:51:34 GMT
The two attached patches provide workaround for the hanging Intel compiler
builds with cpptasks-1.0b4.

I wasn't able to find exact root cause of hangs, and I suspect that
commands 'icl -help', 'xilib -qv' and 'xilink -qv' try to paginate its output,
and thus wait indefinitely for user input. Unfortunately, this does not explain
why it does not hang all the times, but only occasionally.

Anyway, any of the attached patches effectively prevents hangs of Intel
compiler tools.

--
Salikh Zakirov