harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Beliaev <vladimir.k.beli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][testing] build and run single regression test
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 12:10:22 GMT
Alexey,

Alexey Varlamov wrote:
> [snip]
>> >
>> > 1. there should be opportunity to build regression test w/o
>> rebuilding VM.
>>
>> It could be a usefull feature. Should go to TODO list.
>
> Err, nothing to do actually - this is the way it works now: reg.test
> and kernel.test targets do not depend on VM building. May be just need
> to reflect this in documentation - not sure where (and why), though.
>
> [snip]

reg.test builds and runs all regression tests.

The main point here is that we need to have a way to run 1 regression
test. Existing several tests already takes the time to run - and the
number of tests will grow (I hope).

It is ok to have only target to build all regression tests - checking
dependency is pretty fast operation, so only the test being developed
will be built.

Thanks
Vladimir Beliaev