harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Beliaev <vladimir.k.beli...@gmail.com>
Subject [drlvm][testing] build and run single regression test
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:24:53 GMT
Hello,

While working on http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2335 I got
the note - regression test is required. Fine - I've start looking at
<trunk>/working_vm/src/test/regression/README.txt and got the following
points related to regression test development which would be nice to get
reflected:

1. there should be opportunity to build regression test w/o rebuilding VM.

2. README should say what way the regression test can be built.

3. there should be opportunity to run single regression test.

4. README should say what way a single regression test can be run.

I can file JIRA on this if required. If the questions are asked already
somewhere in html (site) documentation, then the link in this README is
just fine.

There is one more specific question:

5. would be helpful to understand (from README) the layout of built
regression tests.

    For example, H2335 regression test requires classes root dir and
native library location are different. What way can I control this?

Still this question is of the low priority. To be honest, the simplest
regression test for H2335 does not require a test native part. And
probably such type of regression test is really rare.

Thanks
Vladimir Beliaev