harmony-dev mailing list archives

From George Timoshenko <george.timoshe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jvmti] Profiling support - Compiled Method Load event
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2007 04:27:49 GMT
Egor Pasko wrote:
> On the 0x25B day of Apache Harmony George Timoshenko wrote:
>>> IMHO, we should report conscequent regions of the same method as one
>>> region. Thus, 2 passes are better. And it is NOT slow :)
>>>
>> Egor,
>>
>> It is not possible to have 2 consequent regions. If there is no gap
>> between them they must be _one_ region.
>>
>> Please, clarify, if I understand your last note incorrectly.
>
> xcuse me, I mixed regions and locations (and misunderstood you a bit:)
>
> The proposal is to unite all conscequent instructions belonging to
> identical BCoffset into a single location. This way of reporting
> locations better aligns with the spec. Actually, that can be done in
> the same pass (by just omitting sonscequent instructions with the same
> offset in your pass). Sure, one pass through insts of each method.
>
> George, how is that?

Egor, you are absolutely right.

It is exactly the same, I've stated in JIRA issue under TODO clause:

TODO:
4. LocationMap contains _all_ instructions of a method. It should be
optimized:

Now:

addr1 - bcOffset_X
addr2 - bcOffset_X
addr3 - bcOffset_X
addr4 - bcOffset_Y

Should be:
addr1 - bcOffset_X
addr4 - bcOffset_Y

which means that all instructions in [addr1;add4) interval have bcOffset
== bcOffset_X