harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Salikh Zakirov <Salikh.Zaki...@Intel.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] stress.Mix / MegaSpawn threading bug
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 18:39:05 GMT

I've tried a quick-and-dirty patch to limit the number of threads to 500,
and it indeed fixes crashes on MegaSpawn.

> -1 for hard coding max number of threads.

Alexey's proposal to watch virtual memory availability looks feasible,
and will let us avoid hardcoding any number.

My observation is that limiting number of concurrently running threads
is by far easier than implementing some sort of custom memory manager
with reserve areas etc, and will allow us to get over MegaSpawn failures.