harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][security-kernel] Setting non-system SecurityManager for the first time
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 14:37:43 GMT
Mikhail Markov wrote:
> On 1/10/07, Alexey Varlamov <alexey.v.varlamov@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I agree, this testcase demonstrates bugs in RI and J9 (btw, why did
>> you call an uncaugth exception the "crash" ?).
>

> Because i get Debug/Close window: "VM launcher has encountered a problem
> and
> needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." :-)*
> *

The crash doesn't happen exactly in J9 VM. It happens in the launcher
code when trying to shutdown port library. Stack trace looks like this:

 >	hythr.dll!hythread_monitor_enter(HyThreadMonitor *
monitor=0x00032468)  Line 625 + 0x3 bytes	C
  	hyprt.dll!removeAsyncHandlers(HyPortLibrary * portLibrary=0x0013fbc0)
  Line 720 + 0xb bytes	C
  	hyprt.dll!hysig_shutdown(HyPortLibrary * portLibrary=0x0013fbc0)
Line 257 + 0x9 bytes	C
  	hyprt.dll!hyport_shutdown_library(HyPortLibrary *
portLibrary=0x0013fbc0)  Line 76 + 0xd bytes	C
  	java.exe!main(int argc=0x00000002, char * * argv=0x00038dd8, char * *
envp=0x00034228)  Line 114 + 0xd bytes	C
  	java.exe!mainCRTStartup()  Line 398 + 0xe bytes	C

Somehow in hythread_monitor_enter the variable self is NULL.

--
Gregory