harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] stress.Mix problems -- should it prevent committing patches?
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 10:46:36 GMT
Elena Semukhina wrote:
> It was me who removed stress.Mix from the exclude lists together with some
> more tests because all they passed for me even when running many times on
> Windows 2003, SUSE9 linux ia32, and SUSE9 linux em64t. It was at the end of
> November.
>
> CC started failing intermittently on stress.Mix (SUSE9, em64t) on December,
> 18 and was excluded for that platform (HARMONY-2772).
>
> stress.Mix still passes for me now on SUSE9 linux ia32 and em64t (both are
> 2xXeon x64 machines) while megaSpawn crashes with Segmentation fault on
> em64t and hangs on ia32 after printing a lot of messages like the
> following:
> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Failed to create new thread

I've just reproduced 3 different failures of MegaSpawn on windows 2003
server (P4 with HT). It may crash somewhere in calling APR because of a
NULL pointer access, it may crash on assertion that STD_MALLOC (which is
actually a define for malloc) returns non-NULL, and it hangs on shutdown.

So it seems windows has the same problems that are present on Linux.

--
Gregory