harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Elena Semukhina" <elena.semukh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][smoke tests] Three smoke tests can be removed from exclude lists
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 12:35:48 GMT

> On Jan 25, 2007, at 1:37 AM, Elena Semukhina wrote:

> >> I'll review and commit if you answer the following question :
> >>
> >> what changed? :)  I'm nervous if we have things excluded that
> >> suddenly magically start to work again.
> >

> > The tests were always excluded; they were donated to Harmony with
> > exclude
> > keywords. When I revised exclude lists in November, I saw that they
> > failed
> > so I kept them excluded. A couple of weeks ago I returned back to the
> > excluded tests to investigate/file JIRAs and it appeared that three
> > of them
> > stably pass. That's the story. Ufortunately I don't know when they
> > started
> > passing and don't remember how they failed to guess what made them
> > pass :(
>
> Alas.
>
> I wonder if we should start tracking all this stuff somehow.  Our
> exclude lists are good because we have records now, but a coherent
> picture is hard for me to grasp.  I might be nice to log things like
> this in one place.

Actually I started evaluating excluded tests and filing JIRAs where the
current test behavior is recorded. This is reflected in the
http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/DRLVMInternalTests page. I still expect you
to comment on stress.Threads and Gregory on shutdown.TestInterrupt :). I
could not reproduce both tests' failures.

Elena

Maybe then we could bracket when the fairies come and fix things and
stuff just starts working, and be able to figure out what changed...

Ok, I guess we put them in and see what happens.

geir

--
Thanks,
Elena