harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Elena Semukhina" <elena.semukh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] stress.Stack causes a, "sigsegv in vm code" on a 2 cpu rhel4 box
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 08:34:38 GMT
stress.Stack is already exluded on linux x86_64 because it also hits on seg
fault:

not enough reserved space for roots
log4cxx: No appender could be found for logger (port.old).
log4cxx: Please initialize the log4cxx system properly.
Segmentation fault

I verified this on 2 CPU Linux em64t. It passes for me on 2 CPU SUSE9 Linux
ia32.

I've created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2972 for this
issue.

Elena

On 1/11/07, Alexey Varlamov <alexey.v.varlamov@gmail.com> wrote:

> Weldon,
>
> the stress.Stack used to pass on IA32.
> There was a related commit recently, can you confirm this is not a
> regression?
> [r494838] Applied HARMONY-2916 [drlvm][interpreter] Use vm stack limit
> instead of harcoded value

> > > How will you know if your new commits breaks things related to that?
> >

> > I thought we covered this ground with the stress.Mix problem.  It
> appears
> > that each of us has a different set of OS/HW boxes to run "build test"
> on.
> > The generic answer is that nobody has a complete set of OS/HW combos and
> > that every commit runs the risk of breaking on some combo.
> >
> > This actually brings up something that would really be nice to have, a
> > rollback list.  I am thinking a short list of OS/HW combos that a
> > regression means a compulsory SVN rollback.  The expectation is that
> every
> > committer would have access to a full set of machines on the rollback
> list.
> > For starts, I think the list should be:
> >
> > 1)
> > single ia32 cpu laptop  w/ WindowsXP