harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Li" <liyilei1...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][general] How to test the performance of Harmony
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 03:34:01 GMT
Hi, all:
     With the progress of Harmony project, I think, performance is gradually
becoming an important feature for our real customers. Besides the stability
and compatibility, users would incline to choose the one with higher
speed. Aside from VM, classlib itself also plays a significant role in
performance.
    Although we now know some issues that are performance related, in a long
run, we need performace test results to pick out the hotspot in Harmony
project. Without data, we are like blind men running in the dark, in the
area of performance.
    Is there any advice about the tools to test the performance of Harmony?
    Actually, if my remember is right, some guys have actually run the
performance tests. (But I forget where the mail is.)Maybe we can post the
result on Harmony wiki thus we can have a baseline to improve our code.:)

Thanks.
--
Leo Li
China Software Development Lab, IBM