harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Li" <liyilei1...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][security]Problem to load class which is listed as a security provider.
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 09:59:56 GMT
Hi, all:
     I found that Harmony will throw exception to load class listed in
security provider, here is a testcase:
         Class cls = Class.forName("
org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider");
     If I remove it from the security provider list, it will become ok.
     After digging into it, I found that it is related with bcprov.jar has a
certificate signed by the signature provided by itself.
     I think there are two resolutions:
     (1) Give a "SHA1withDSA" signature implementation in bootstrap security
provider.
     (2) Remove the sign in bcprov.jar.(And put it into the boot directory,
since I found that those in ext directory are usually signed, for example
RI.)
     It is reported as HARMONY-2940.

--
Leo Li