harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Evgueni Brevnov" <evgueni.brev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] stress.Mix problems -- should it prevent committing patches?
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 13:18:27 GMT
> Elena Semukhina wrote:
> > It was me who removed stress.Mix from the exclude lists together with some
> > more tests because all they passed for me even when running many times on
> > Windows 2003, SUSE9 linux ia32, and SUSE9 linux em64t. It was at the end of
> > November.
> >
> > CC started failing intermittently on stress.Mix (SUSE9, em64t) on December,
> > 18 and was excluded for that platform (HARMONY-2772).
> >
> > stress.Mix still passes for me now on SUSE9 linux ia32 and em64t (both are
> > 2xXeon x64 machines) while megaSpawn crashes with Segmentation fault on
> > em64t and hangs on ia32 after printing a lot of messages like the
> > following:
> > java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Failed to create new thread
>
> I've just reproduced 3 different failures of MegaSpawn on windows 2003
> server (P4 with HT). It may crash somewhere in calling APR because of a
> NULL pointer access, it may crash on assertion that STD_MALLOC (which is
> actually a define for malloc) returns non-NULL, and it hangs on shutdown.

Gregory,

It is unlikely stress.Mix hangs on shutdown stage because this test
doesn't create daemon threads which are targets of shutdown procedure.
I also observed a deadlock of stress.Mix and the problem was connected
with mixing OS & VM native locks. I guess it is something similar with
the problem when exception handler is called under OS native lock.

Evgueni.