harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexander Kleymenov" <kleyme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][testing] build and run single regression test
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 11:30:03 GMT
Hi Vladimir,

On 1/18/07, Vladimir Beliaev <vladimir.k.beliaev@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> While working on http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2335 I got
> the note - regression test is required. Fine - I've start looking at
> <trunk>/working_vm/src/test/regression/README.txt and got the following
> points related to regression test development which would be nice to get
> reflected:
>
> 1. there should be opportunity to build regression test w/o rebuilding VM.

It could be a usefull feature. Should go to TODO list.

> 2. README should say what way the regression test can be built.

Sorry, it is not clear.
Do you want the words "java sources are compiled by java's compiller,
c by c's, cpp by cpp's, jasmin by jasmin's" to be there?

> 3. there should be opportunity to run single regression test.
> 4. README should say what way a single regression test can be run.

Another TODO for reg testing infrastructure.

> I can file JIRA on this if required. If the questions are asked already
> somewhere in html (site) documentation, then the link in this README is
> just fine.

I tried to collect notes on infrastructure in [1] mail thread. You can
separate your notes on "features desired" and "readme notes" and post
them to the thread.

> There is one more specific question:
>
> 5. would be helpful to understand (from README) the layout of built
> regression tests.
>
>    For example, H2335 regression test requires classes root dir and
> native library location are different. What way can I control this?

It is done in such a way. README states it:

    ${reg.test.class.path} - the path to where java and
        java assembler sources were compiled

    ${reg.test.2launch.native.path} - the path to where native
        sources were compiled

> Still this question is of the low priority. To be honest, the simplest
> regression test for H2335 does not require a test native part. And
> probably such type of regression test is really rare.
>
> Thanks
>
> Vladimir Beliaev

Thank you,
Alexander

[1] [drlvm][testing] Regression Testing Infrastructure proposal