harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Petrenko" <alexey.a.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] 100% 1.5 API coverage for Harmony and CORBA.
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 12:53:44 GMT
> Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> > 2007/1/17, Geir Magnusson Jr. <geir@pobox.com>:
> >> so what do we do?  I'm hoping that we can find a way to achieve this
> >> w/o us having to have "shadow" or duplicate code here...
> > That would be great. Can you suggest something?
>
> As Alexey wrote, the level of CORBA support in the RI 5.0 [1] is
> predominantly 2.3.1 based.  However, we are free to implement a later
> version of the Corba spec and still be compliant since the CORBA code is
> an "endorsed standard" (see [2]).
Thanks, Tim, for finding this.

>From the other hand Java 5 SE API docs has a license [1] which says
the following:
Sun also grants you a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, fully
paid-up, royalty free, limited license (without the right to
sublicense) under any applicable copyrights or patent rights it may
have in the Specification to create and/or distribute an Independent
Implementation of the Specification that: (i) fully implements the
Spec(s) including all its required interfaces and functionality

Buy anyway I agree that we can wait till we got TCK.

SY, Alexey
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/relnotes/license.html