harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][opt] How to get object access sequence during runtime.
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2007 15:08:30 GMT
On 1/23/07, zouqiong <ustczz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, Mikhail:
>    I implement code to trace object access just follow WB's way. But I'm
> afraid that the instrumented code in ops like getfield would effect the
> liveness analysis optimize?

When we add new commands/types to optimizer we have to teach it how to deal
with them. But I don't think that performance impact of a new 'use'
operation for a field is critical. In your case the most performance impact
will be due to the additional tracking call.

Have I answered your question?

--
Mikhail Fursov