harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to get the time used by the OPT, JET?
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 07:23:45 GMT
Answers:

On 1/18/07, zouqiong <ustczz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks. I want to know about three things:
>
> 1) the compilation time for both OPT and JET.

-XDjit.arg.time=on
If you need to measure total time for your code/algorithm add new timer. See
any of existing timers (search by it's name in log) to see how it's work.

2) IR and compilation log for a method compiled by OPT.

All IR:
-Xem:opt -XDjit.arg.log=ct,irdump,dotdump

IR for the specified method:
-Xem:opt -XDjit.CS_OPT.f.filter=Test::main -XDjit.f.arg.log=ct,irdump,dotdump

Read this doc to learn more:
http://harmony.apache.org/subcomponents/drlvm/JIT_PMF.html

3) some runtime metrics for managed code.

-Xem:opt -XDjit.arg.codegen.iprof=on -
XDjit.arg.codegen.iprof.config=iprof.cfg
Note! you can use per-method filters here too.
Read this doc to learn more:
http://harmony.apache.org/subcomponents/drlvm/internal_profiler.html

--
Mikhail Fursov