harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fursov" <mike.fur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM][JIT] write barrier broken by new jit opts?
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 14:41:36 GMT
On 1/11/07, Alexey Varlamov <alexey.v.varlamov@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmm, AFAIU "optimized" arraycopy has no GC specifics. Moreover it is,
> like API magics, codegen-specific and I do not quite see how it can be
> expressed in vmmagics...

One of the GC specific issues is WB :) But we can have several options how
optimize array copy in JIT: make a loop and remove call, use special CPU
instructions...
After some thoughts I agree that VM magic is not the best candidate here and
additional WB method to report several entries at once can be a better
solution.

--
Mikhail Fursov