harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] VM interface docs ?
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 15:06:58 GMT

On Jan 24, 2007, at 8:31 AM, Morozova, Nadezhda wrote:

> Hi,
> I've got another idea about placing Doxygen docs: have the generated
> docs as we agreed but also have a starting page with links on the
> website. We even have this page - see the svn source tree,
> trunk/vm/doc/DoxygenStart.html.
> Does anybody mind if I add such a page to our website svn?

I thought that was the idea - we definitely need to have a page w/
links to the right spot on the website where you dump the generated
pages, so that a user can easily find and navigate.  I think that's
perfectly fine. Go for it.

You also might think about creating the "drop into" directory as part
of the site, and having a simple page that the *site* creates that
sits in that directory, that has information about what is supposed
to go there, how a user can generate it, etc.  Have that page be the
same name as the "index" page of the generated doxygen stuff.

that way, when you generate the site yourself, you get a complete
site w/ information about where to get and how to create the doxygen
content.  Then, when you drop the generated stuff in place, you just
get the right stuff.

geir