harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] VM interface docs ?
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 16:13:22 GMT

On Jan 25, 2007, at 10:29 AM, Morozova, Nadezhda wrote:

> Hi,
> I committed the first site version of the DoxygenStart page for DRLVM,
> http://harmony.apache.org/subcomponents/drlvm/DoxygenStart.html . This
> has some intro and defines links to the sources.
> I also left some blank space to add instructions for regenerating
> locally. I suspect this is what Geir wanted to have when saying:
>>> You also might think about creating the "drop into" directory as
>>> part of the site, and having a simple page that the *site* creates
>>> that sits in that directory, that has information about what is
>>> supposed to go there, how a user can generate it, etc.  Have that
>>> page be the same name as the "index" page of the generated doxygen
>>> stuff.
> However, I'm not quite sure I understand what Geir suggests, so I left
> this mostly blank. Suggestions on what to write on the page are
> welcome.

What you did is perfectly reasonable.  The only suggestion is that
instead of spreading the generated docs in the

    subcomponents/drlvm

directory, you should put *all* of the generated stuff into a subdir :

    subcomponents/drlvm/doxygen

or something.  That makes it *really clear* what's going on.   make
that doxygen directory in svn - IOW, make it part of the site you can
checkout, and put a small README.txt in it so that when you do check
it out, you can grok what it's for.

Does that make sense?

geir

> Cheers,