harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM][GC] patch for Linux 32bit mode and large page support
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 07:51:07 GMT
Ivan, I agree, esp. for the JITted code buffer if the architecture has
no distinction for code and data TLB supports. So probably this large
page support should be designed as a lower layer in memory management.
A longer vision can be that, the lower layer MM (under GC and other
memory functionalities of JVM) is built underneath all JVM components
serving for system level MM primitives. This is not very difficult, I
guess.

And I think the codes for large page are learned from GCv4.1. :-)  You
should have been credited in Yu-Nan's patch description. Thank you,
Ivan!

Thanks,
xiaofeng