harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRLVM][JIT] write barrier broken by new jit opts?
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 01:28:11 GMT

> What's an object remembering barrier?

It is to remeber an object whose reference fields are written.

Usually, the JIT inserts code for every reference field write, which
is called slot remembering. Recently, some jit opts generate code for
object copy in bulk, i.e., multiple fields are copied once together,
which doesn't insert slot barrier for individual field. In this case,
a straightforward solution is to remember the object after the copy.
GC will scan the object to find the reference fields of its interests.

Thanks,
xiaofeng