harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ronald Servant" <ronald.serv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [build][dependencies] msvcr71.dll problem
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 15:30:35 GMT
On 1/11/07, Alexey Petrenko <alexey.a.petrenko@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've implemented this approach in r495243. Now the build copies
> msvcr71.dll from system32 directory and fails if there is no needed
> library there (this means that the user does not have MSVS2003 which
> is requirement).

We should also provide an option that will allow the user to specify
where msvcr71.dll can be found. Some environment variable would do the
trick.

I have the MSVC tools available to compile with, but do not have a
standard install of the full IDE etc.. on my machine.  This is done so
that I can use different versions of MSVC on the same machine.

So the setup that you just put together would fail on my machine.

Ronald Servant.
--
J9 VM Development
IBM Ottawa Software Lab