harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ruth Cao" <ruoshe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][security]Harmony cannot parse some pathname symbols in policy file
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2007 10:55:51 GMT

> On 1/19/07, Ruth Cao wrote:

> code
> > > does
> > policy

> > location
> the

> modules.
> > > So
> > not
> > > >

> > > I reread my post and I want to clarify what I meant: I think that we
> > > should
> > > add this method to 'luni' util class because I assume that this
> > > functionality may be used not only by 'security' module.
> >

> > I'm afraid it is... Both RI and Harmony does not parse these symbols in
> > the
> > URL class. Both of them passed the following test case:
> >
> > public class URLTest extends{
> >     public void test_pathname() throws Exception {
> >        URL url1 = new URL("file:/home/../home/1.txt");
> >        assertEquals("/home/../home/1.txt", url1.getFile());
> >        URL url2 = new URL("file:/home/1.txt");
> >        assertEquals("/home/1.txt", url2.getFile());
> >        assertFalse(url1.equals(url2));
> >    }
> > }
> >
> > Thus, perhaps it is a good choice to add a method such as
> > PolicyUtils.normalizeURL(String url). Any comments?
>

> Can URI <file:///C:/Doc/java/1.5/docs/api/java/net/URI.html
> >.*normalize*()
> functionality be used for this case?

Thank you very much for your advice, Stepan. I've tried this method
successfully.

Besides, it seems that Harmony does not support these symbols in
Policy.getPermission(CodeSource) when the param contains them. I'll upload a
new patch and include the fix mentioned above.

Thanks,
> Stepan Mishura

Best regards,

Ruth Cao