harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Ruth Cao" <ruoshe...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][security]Harmony cannot parse some pathname symbols in policy file
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 04:03:12 GMT
Hi all,

When working on HARMONY-2910, we've found that current Harmony code does not
support relative pathname symbols (such as '.', '..', etc.) in policy file.

Details can be found at http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2910

I think it may be feasible to add a method to convert the URL location of
CodeSource into 'standard' forms (which has no '.', '..' but has the same
meaning).

The problem is where should I add this method? Directly in
DefaultPolicyParser? or some Util class else? Is there any security guy to
give me some suggestion? Thanks in advance.

--
Best regards,

Ruth Cao
China Software Development Lab, IBM