harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Naveen Neelakantam <neela...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: [drlvm][threading] taking a closer look at Harmony-2803 (stress.Mix hangs on rhel4)
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 22:34:12 GMT

On Jan 4, 2007, at 4:28 PM, Weldon Washburn wrote:

> I see it hang consistently when running automated mode (build
> test).  I have
> seen it hang once when running manually from a linux terminal
> window.  It
> actually printed out "PASSED" then hung.  This leads me to suspect
> there
> might be problems with how System.out.flush() is working when there
> are
> multiple threads running on SMP.  Are you running on an SMP box?
> Can you
> give me the exact command line you are using?  I would like to try
> it on my
> box.

Ok, cool.  I was seeing the exact same behavior (i.e. the test prints
PASSED and then hangs).  So it sounds like you are on the right
track, to me anyway.

But to answer your questions: I am running RHEL4 update 4 on a core2
duo.  The command line I am using is "java -cp . stress.Mix" (with my
path and JAVA_HOME set appropriately).

Naveen