harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Pavel Afremov" <pavel.n.afre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] stress.Stack causes a, "sigsegv in vm code" on a 2 cpu rhel4 box
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 15:01:32 GMT
SOE for x86_64 isn't required very mach, because this platform hasn't limits
on stack size. The other case when this limits is set specially by ulimit –s
command. For this configuration test should broke VM and should be excluded.
But for x86_64 ONLY!

On x86_32 it should works. Degradation on RHEL4 founded by Weldon should be
investigated.

BR
Pavel Afremov.

On 1/25/07, Elena Semukhina <elena.semukhina@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/25/07, Pavel Afremov <pavel.n.afremov@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > SOE implementeation for x86_64 platform was not contributed due a bug in
> > threading system. SOE for x86_32 should works on any platform.
> >
> > Weldon When did you notice that on your x86_32 machine? Did it works
> > before
> > or you didn't run tests on your RHEL4 machine before?
> >

> > I think that StackTest should be excluded. We should find changes which
> is
> > source of the crash.
>

> Pavel,
>
> StackTest, stress.Stack and exception.FinalizeStackTest are excluded for
> Linux x86_64 and *http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2972* has
> been filed to track this issue. Could you please add a comment to this
> issue?
>
> Besides, the overall picture of excluded smoke tests could be seen in the
> http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/DRLVMInternalTests page
>
> Elena
>

> > Thanks.
> >
> > Pavel Afremov.