harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Pavel Afremov" <pavel.n.afre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] finalizer design questions
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2007 22:38:06 GMT
On 1/2/07, Robin Garner <robin.garner@anu.edu.au> wrote:

> - Finalizers should be run with high priority because memory (possibly
> large structures) can't be freed until they have completed.

I agree, In described case it should work with high priority.

In current finalization scheme if garbage collection happened in the time
when finalization of previous part is not complete, additional finalization
threads are created, and relative performance of finalizers are increased.
So after several iteration WBS increases performance up to required level.

BR.

Pavel Afreov.