harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Ivanov" <ivavladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][drlvm] help running classlib tests
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2007 05:25:47 GMT
On 1/12/07, Naveen Neelakantam <neelakan@uiuc.edu> wrote:

> Can someone walk me through how to properly run the classlib tests
> using drlvm.

Without CC it can be run as (from the classlib module):
ant -Dtest.jre.home=<path to jre> test

> I can run them successfully (well, 3 failures) using J9 by following
> the directions here:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/RUNNING-
> TESTS.txt?view=co
>
> I also tried copying the working_vm/build/lnx_ia32_gcc_debug/deploy/
> jdk directory into working_classlib/deploy/jdk and then running "ant
> test" but then I get scores of failures and hundreds of errors,
> mostly from javax.swing.
>
> It actually matches the behavior I am seeing in CC:  http://
> frigga.cs.uiuc.edu:8080
>
> Could these be real errors?  Or do I just have something configured
> incorrectly.

According to log it is seems to be a real problem. Almost all tests failed
with message:

"java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Failed to create new thread"

As workaround to enable new platform and define problem tests you can run
these tests in the 'perTest' mode for a while (new vm will be started for
each test).

Please, uncomment the line 238 (<!--jvmarg arg="-Dhy.test.forkmode=perTest"
/-->) in the configuration to do it.

 thanks, Vladimir