harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] anyone else seeing a failure in o.a.h.text.tests.java.text.DateFormatSymbolsTest#test_hashCode ? (ubuntu x86)
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 12:10:14 GMT

On Jan 25, 2007, at 1:31 AM, Naveen Neelakantam wrote:

> [snip]
>>> The from address will be nomail@frigga.cs.uiuc.edu
>>> My exclude lists are the same as what is in svn.
>> Then it never actualy passed the tests?
> You caught me.  :-)
> Actually, I've tried to openly discuss my progress on the dev
> list.  Once upon a time the drlvm unit tests would cause CC to just
> hang (the now infamous stress.Mix).  Then hundreds of classlib
> tests were failing (mostly awt stuff, as you are now seeing).

No, I had those passing last night - I had a clean run until 4:52
this morning  (my time, I guess), when I now get a failure for

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: should throw NullPointerException
	at java.lang.reflect.VMReflection.invokeMethod(Native Method)

But the AWT stuff seems to be just dandy.  The really weird thing was
that I needed to install libxmu-dev, even though libxmu is
installed.  dunno.  We're still in scary-land as far as dependencies
go, IMO.

> Now the drlvm unit tests pass and for the classlib tests I see 1
> failure and 1 error (using the perTest workaround).

I have no need for the perTest right now - I'm using the config as it
comes out of SVN

> My plan was to report them, wait for them to get fixed and _then_
> switch my CC over to notifying the alerts list.  You have
> brilliantly foiled said plan.  :-)

Boris Badenov: Phooey! Foiled again!
Natasha Fatale: Don't you mean, "Curses! Foiled again!"?
Boris Badenov: Please, Natasha. This is kiddie show.

> Naveen

View raw message