harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Stepan Mishura" <stepan.mish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][security]Harmony cannot parse some pathname symbols in policy file
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 06:02:26 GMT
On 1/19/07, Ruth Cao wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> When working on HARMONY-2910, we've found that current Harmony code does
> not
> support relative pathname symbols (such as '.', '..', etc.) in policy
> file.
>
> Details can be found at http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2910
>
> I think it may be feasible to add a method to convert the URL location of
> CodeSource into 'standard' forms (which has no '.', '..' but has the same
> meaning).

 Hi Ruth,

I assume that relative path name symbols may be used in other modules. So
why we have to add a method for URL converting to 'security' module not to
'luni'?
IOW, is this issue specific for security code only?

Thanks,
Stepan.

The problem is where should I add this method? Directly in

--
Stepan Mishura