harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject [general] board report for January 2007
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 12:58:25 GMT
I made a mistake - I thought we had transitioned to quarterly
reporting, but this is our last month of the initial post-graduation
board reports.  I've submitted the following, and can update if there
are things people think are important and/or I forgot...

   - o -

Issues requiring the Board's attention: none.

Infrastructure
--------------
We have no outstanding infrastructure issues.  We added a new mailing
list for build alerts from the community-run build system.

Development
-----------
We experienced the expected seasonal slowdown over the last month,
Given the geographic and cultural diversity of our community, our
holiday season ran from middle of December to the second week of
January, so things have been a bit slow.

The project accepted a donation of the "java.lang.management" package
from IBM for the classlibrary.  We have a few donations in the queue,
waiting for all papework to be in place before accepting.

Progress continues in all areas.

Security
--------
There were no reported security issues.

Community
---------
There are no community issues of significant interest.  We're still
watching the OpenJDK project for opportunities to collaborate.