harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][pack200] new module (was: [classlib][pack200] Development has stalled :-( )
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 15:11:45 GMT

On Jan 9, 2007, at 11:02 AM, Alexei Zakharov wrote:

> As for me, I don't really care if we have a new module or not. I did
> this just to make Alex happy and because I didn't hear any objections.
> Just a New Year exercises. I can roll it back if we decide that it
> will be better for us to live without it.

Don't worry - you didn't do anything wrong.  To me, this is somewhat
of a complicated issue, and combined with the end-of-year vacation/
burnout/work_requirements/<you name it>, we're here.

I'm confident we'll work this out.

> And again about this SVN issue. We may establish some process
> probably. For example Alex can add a comment to critical JIRAs that he
> can't live without this JIRA is applied. I did something like it
> during my pre-committer life while working on the beans module.
> Another suggestion is to post small JIRAs if some files should be
> added to the workspace. It is easy to integrate and should simplify
> Alex's life.

Along with the good idea of smaller JIRAs, I can suggest two things
to help :

1) That we make a better effort to get the patches in

2) That Alex also call attention to the work on the dev list

geir