harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Blewitt" <alex.blew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: [classlib] [security] equals method that just returns false
Date Sat, 13 Jan 2007 09:31:05 GMT
Not that it really makes any difference because you can't state that
the comparators are equivalent easily :-)

But it might make sense to get rid of that method, so that at least it
returns true if if the instances are the same. But all instances of
the same class should be the same, right? Maybe it would make sense to
have return 'other != null && this.getClass() == other.getClass()'.
(Unless there's some sort of sort parameter in the constructor... in
which case the default Object method would make sense).

So, whilst you may not be able to find other instances that are true,
it should at least return true for itself ...

Alex.