harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Blewitt" <alex.blew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: [OT] Attempting to build classlibs on a Mac
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 21:23:35 GMT

> On Jan 10, 2007, at 8:34 AM, Alexei Zakharov wrote:
>
> > Alex :
>
> >> In any case, when compiling this on a Mac, it was
> >> falling over in the Ant build looking for an "excludes.Mac OS
> >> X.ppc.ibm" file. I had to copy one of the existing ones over just to
> >> move past that hurdle.
> >
> > This is because nobody else was trying to run tests on Mac. In your
> > case you just need to create an empty file with such name if you want
> > to run SegmentTest. BTW we need to add such files (probably as well as
> > "excludes.Mac OS X.x86.ibm" "excludes.Mac OS X.x86.drlvm") to every
> > module if we want to run tests under MacOS.
>
> That's going to be a barrier for people.  Can we be optimistic rather
> than pessimistic, and change the build to use, in the absence of the
> specific platform file, a "generic" or "base" exclude list?
>
> (We talked about this a while ago, I think...)

Should probably be additive, too, rather than replace it. For example,
the SegmentTest was commented out in all platforms. That would have
been better solved by having a generic/base ommission of SegmentTest,
whilst still allowing a platform-specific excludes file that allows
extra tests to also be excluded. But I don't believe you should have
to re-list SegmentTest in the platform-specific excludes file just
because it was in the platform-agnostic excludes file when it was
written.

Alex.