harmony-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Alex Blewitt" <alex.blew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: [classlib][pack200] Updated project and build
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 21:02:40 GMT
On 10/01/07, Tim Ellison <t.p.ellison@gmail.com> wrote:
> Alex Blewitt wrote:
> >
> > One thing I did notice was that when I was submitting a Jar (stubs of
> > 1.5 required classes outside of a 1.5 system) the svn diff didn't
> > create the contents. The patch just read:
>
> Attaching the file to the JIRA, or zipping a bunch of files to be added
> together, has been the way to date.  Some kind folk even provide the svn
> add/move script or a set of instructions for applying it.

Yeah, that's what I did in the end. I was just surprised that the svn
diff didn't actually do a diff of binary files; that almost certainly
explains some of the earlier failures in applying of the patches; I
was assuming the patch contained the binary files, whereas it didn't.

It also means that when adding binary files (e.g. the test data for
the packed Jars) I need to be careful that I remember to add any
binary files that I've changed. :-(

Alex.

Mime
View raw message