harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "LvJimmy´╝îJing" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib] rename "jcl" to "harmony"?
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2007 07:53:02 GMT
Hi all,

     Looking into luni native code, I find its reflection caching is
disabled, I'd like to enable it to improve Harmony performance.
     Native reflection caching is to cache reflection method/field id
of some classes which is used frequently in native, this mechanism
avoid reflect some ids several times which is usually costly.
     And I find the caching structure(and its file, e.g, jclgrob.h )
is usually named with "jcl". I don't know the exact reason why it was
named like this, but IMHO it will make sense if we rename it to
"Harmony" or something related. Any suggestion?
     The name style is used in all native codes, not only in luni. I
shall rename them in luni during my refactor if no objection, and any
volunteer to look into other modules?

     BTW, I'm not sure if all modules have applied this cache
mechanism, if not, maybe we can work to improve the performance.

--

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv
China Software Development Lab, IBM