harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][security] Compatibility issue for UnresolvedPermission.getUnresolvedCerts()
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 13:13:10 GMT
I disagree with you all :)

The spec is not that ambiguous - it says :

   Returns : the signer certificates for the underlying permission
   that has not been resolved, or null, if there are no signer
   certificates. Returns a new array each time this method is called.

Given that it says "Returns a new array each time this method is
called", I'd return an empty array, so that if people aren't checking
for null (why would you, it says it will return an array....), they
don't get an NPE.

geir