harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][general] How to test the performance of Harmony
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 12:23:57 GMT

On Jan 25, 2007, at 3:01 AM, Leo Li wrote:

> Hi, all:
>     I have just ran the benchmark tests provided by the dacapo.
> Although I
> just got the result from my machine with default heap size , it
> really suprises me:  Harmony at least has similar performance
> output as RI.

We've shown that before (the similarity in perf :).  We have a lot to
be proud of around here.

[SNIP - I couldn't figure out the data in the email - if there was
formatting, I didn't see it.  Any chance you want to put that in a
wiki page?]

> Further, I still have some problem:
> 1. Are there performace test suites focused on io,net and nio, where I
> suspect the space to improve exists.

If not, we should probably try to write some and start incorporating
into our own suite...

geir