harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Morozova, Nadezhda" <nadezhda.moroz...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [doc][website] finalizing changes to nav pane
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 13:21:47 GMT
Geir,
Thanks for a prompt reply. I'm glad you're on the OK side :)
Specifics per your concerns:
- ASF and Other Projects links - suggest that we add these to the
General list
- wiki - we have mobile data there and I don't see what's wrong with
having it in the Documentation.
- policy and guidelines: guidelines seems a gathering of multi-topic
info, suggest that we restructure it, several ideas below.

<we're drifting toward issue (2 - some generic pages need improvement) >

Current project guidelines content and suggestions:
* People, Places, and Things: defines roles of committer, contributor,
PMC (btw, is outdated) - can go into Who We Are (former committers'
page)
* Voting: describes +1/-1 votes etc - can go into Policy or into
Resolution guidelines
* Types of action items: defines types of issues by severity and
specifics -  can fit naturally into Issue Resolution Guidelines since it
describes issues that are further resolved :)
* When to commit a change: gives generics on comits; is info for
committers only - can go into committers or Get Involved page or issue
resolution since it explain issue resolution by patch commit
* Patch format: tips on how to create patches - fits into Get Involved,
subheading How to Create and Submit A Patch or Enhancement.

Cheers,
Nadya