harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rana Dasgupta" <rdasg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] stress.Mix / MegaSpawn threading bug
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 14:32:06 GMT
Yes this makes sense. Starting out with a suitable initial stack size on
different platforms is reasonble. We also found that the way the thread
stack gets mapped on Windows and Linux is different ( Windows incrementally
maps with a guardpage, whereas Linux maps most of it upfront ). I am
surethat several such considerations go into choosing the init size for the
IBM VM. We need to tune the init stack sizes too,   but this test does not
provide enough good data to set these values.

Thanks,
Rana