harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rana Dasgupta" <rdasg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] stress.Mix problems -- should it prevent committing patches?
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 16:37:04 GMT

> >What is in the backlog?
>
> >I was testing on em64t dual core, and it failed there too.

Which one failed in 64 bit mode? The basic stress.Mix or Weldon's MegaSpawn?
And did it hang, or run out of memory? Running out of memory on these 64 bit
systems is not easy even under the conditions of this test.

>I think we broke something basic.  By just ignoring it and continuing
> >with commits that are related, it seems like we're going going to get
> >in deeper trouble...

I am a little confused too. The stress.Mix test can randomly land up doing
unbounded thread creation( as in Weldon's repro case )...and I would think
that it is not unreasonable to fail in such a case. The RI fails too. But I
don't understand how it never failed before.