harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rana Dasgupta" <rdasg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][threading] taking a closer look at Harmony-2803 (stress.Mix hangs on rhel4)
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2007 00:25:53 GMT
Hi Weldon,
   Since I have a RHEL4 2 way smp box, I ran this for a while. Same
thing....build.test hangs, when run in isolation, it ocassionally throws
OOME messages ( when trying to spawn threads ) and hangs. In fact, I could
occassionally repro the hang with RI as well. I think that the hang is the
flush ( as you pointed out..it may not be very critical ), but the RI does
not run out of memory even when spawning threads intensely.
  Since the test is non-deterministic each run could do something
different...so it is not easy to compare. I changed the randomizer to mostly
spawn ...but I still did not see any OOME failures on RI. DRLVM may be
chewing up memory faster when creating threads. Is this a new test?
  Just wanted to let you know since you are debugging it.

Rana