harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Weldon Washburn" <weldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] stress.Stack causes a, "sigsegv in vm code" on a 2 cpu rhel4 box
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 14:19:35 GMT

> Weldon Washburn wrote:
> > This actually brings up something that would really be nice to have, a
> > rollback list.  I am thinking a short list of OS/HW combos that a
> > regression means a compulsory SVN rollback.  The expectation is that
> every
> > committer would have access to a full set of machines on the rollback
> list.
> > For starts, I think the list should be:
> >
> > 1)
> > single ia32 cpu laptop  w/ WindowsXP
> > 2)
> > 4 CPU SMP w/ Linux ia32
> > 3)
> > 4 CPU SMP w/ Linux 64-bit (em64t)
> >

> > Thoughts?
>
> Cool -- do I send my shipping address to you? :-)
>
> How can you make such an expectation?

I don't know what the answer is.  We are really caught between a rock and a
hard spot.  The current path leads to each committer holding a private list
of exclude tests.  Then when someone says your last mod breaks on my
machine, we do a rollback to a stable revision.  And then sort of kind of
let someone else with different hardware try to fix the patch, commit then
wait to see if anyone complains.

Tim

--
Weldon Washburn