harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Weldon Washburn" <weldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] stress.Stack causes a, "sigsegv in vm code" on a 2 cpu rhel4 box
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 07:36:51 GMT

> On Jan 10, 2007, at 4:26 PM, Weldon Washburn wrote:
>
> > Is anyone else seeing this?
> >
> > I put stress.Mix back on the excludes list for 32-bit Linux.  Now
> > stress.Stack is causing problems.  For now, I am excluding
> > stress.Stack on
> > my local machine and going forward with commits.
>
> How will you know if your new commits breaks things related to that?

I thought we covered this ground with the stress.Mix problem.  It appears
that each of us has a different set of OS/HW boxes to run "build test" on.
The generic answer is that nobody has a complete set of OS/HW combos and
that every commit runs the risk of breaking on some combo.

This actually brings up something that would really be nice to have, a
rollback list.  I am thinking a short list of OS/HW combos that a
regression means a compulsory SVN rollback.  The expectation is that every
committer would have access to a full set of machines on the rollback list.
For starts, I think the list should be:

1)
single ia32 cpu laptop  w/ WindowsXP
2)