harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Weldon Washburn" <weldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] stress.Mix problems -- should it prevent committing patches?
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 06:36:39 GMT

> On Jan 8, 2007, at 7:55 PM, Weldon Washburn wrote:
>
> > Naveen,
> >
> > This is a big help.  It really looks like stress.Mix/MegaSpawn has
> > uncovered
> > a new bug.  I looked at the excludes svn log and indeed stress.Mix
> > was taken
> > off the excludes list on December 10.
> >
> > Unless someone objects in the next 24 hours, I will put stress.Mix
> > back on
> > the excludes list.
>
> And then what?

stress.Mix reverts back to whatever status it was in on December 9.  No need
to rollback because there was never a point in time when stress.Mix passed
on all known platforms.  In other words, its a new bug not a rollback.

MegaSpawn.java was attached to harmony-2803.  A simple quick to run
reproducible test for this new bug has already been captured.  This should
help a bunch when working on the patch.

I will work on the patch for MegaSpawn if the list thinks its top priority.

Meanwhile, there are some GCV5 related patches that should be committed
soon.  That is, once svn head is working again.

geir