harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Weldon Washburn" <weldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] stress.Mix problems -- should it prevent committing patches?
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 18:20:52 GMT

> > >What is in the backlog?
> >
> > >I was testing on em64t dual core, and it failed there too.
>

> Which one failed in 64 bit mode? The basic stress.Mix or Weldon's
> MegaSpawn?
> And did it hang, or run out of memory? Running out of memory on these 64
> bit
> systems is not easy even under the conditions of this test.
>
> >I think we broke something basic.  By just ignoring it and continuing
> > >with commits that are related, it seems like we're going going to get
> > >in deeper trouble...
>

> I am a little confused too. The stress.Mix test can randomly land up doing
> unbounded thread creation( as in Weldon's repro case )...and I would think
> that it is not unreasonable to fail in such a case. The RI fails too. But
> don't understand how it never failed before.

I attempted to determine if there ever was an old svn revision that would
pass stress.Mix test on my rhel 2-way SMP box.  Unfortunately the unified
classlib/vm build changed the how one gets an old revision from the
repository.  I don't know if its worth trying to resurect an old svn
revision.  I am hoping someone will confirm if stress.Mix ever ran
successfully on 2-way and 4-way boxes.  This seems way easier than trying to
reconstruct old build.xml files.

--
Weldon Washburn