harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Weldon Washburn" <weldon...@gmail.com>
Subject [drlvm] stress.Mix problems -- should it prevent committing patches?
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2007 23:35:56 GMT
I have been hesitant to commit patches given that stress.Mix fails on my
2-cpu rhel4 box.  It looks like MegaSpawn.java (see Harmony-2803) identifies
stress.Mix failure to be a problem with handling an exceedingly high rate of
thread creation.  stress.Mix has been causing "build test" failures since
December 19.  This is a long time.  It does not seem a good path to rollback
to a time when stress.Mix ran on SMP boxes.

Does anyone have a problem with the following?  Put stress.Mix on the
exclude list for all platforms and resume committing.  This would unblock a
growing backlog of commits.  Also we can analyze and fix stress.Mix related
bugs without extra pressure to quickly hack something to get the test to
pass.

--
Weldon Washburn